From the course profile on L@G here is the basic information:
Due: 28 Oct 2013. The assignment comprises 60% of the course assessment. Criteria and marking
Requirement: 4 000 words
This assessment item builds on your work from Item 1. Assignment Item 2 requires you to choose a professional journal relevant to your educational issue explored for assessment Item 1 and produce a feature article or lead article for the professional journal. Prepare a paper suitable for submission to this journal using the guidelines for authors. Examples of professional journals and guidelines for authors are provided on the course Wiki. Some of these journals can be accessed via the Griffith University library databases or are open access and can be obtained from the journal website
The task requires you to submit an assignment that includes the following parts:
The introduction should identify the topic of the research investigation and outline the structure of the assignment. It should identify the professional journal and the reason why this journal was chosen for your educational issue including reference to the journal guidelines as an appendix. (300 Words)
- Carefully review the guidelines for authors provided by each professional journal and select an appropriate professional journal for your educational issue.
- Review copies of feature or main articles from the journal to use as a guide to the preparation of your paper.
- Review the text available on the professional journal website about the readers of this particular journal so that you can ensure that your text is written for the intended audience
- Develop a list of requirements on the basis of the guidelines for authors and your review of the feature article.
2. The Professional Paper.
This section should present a copy of the text that you would submit to the professional journal to appear as one of the main articles in an issue of the journal. The purpose of the professional paper is to share with your colleagues the up to date research that you have explored as you investigate your educational issue.
- On the basis of your research undertaken for assignment one and the journal audience and guidelines developed establish the aspect of the educational issue that will be the subject of your professional paper.
- Draft and redraft your work to develop a final professional paper that meets the guidelines for the professional journal you have identified.
3. Reference list
A list of all references used in the assignment (APA 6th format). (Not included as part of the word count)
Common questions for the 2nd assignment
Here are some common queries with answers for the 2nd assignment.
More advice re the 2nd assignment
There are basically three things to be thinking about for this assignment.
I have worked through what I think is an effective piece of writing for a professional journal here.
There are notes from the Saturday workshop that you may find useful.